Wednesday, 03 Jan 2024
- Warrnambool Base Hospital
The much-anticipated revitalization and expansion of South West Healthcare's Emergency Department is set to commence on Monday January 15, 2024.
The essential Emergency Department development seeks to provide the following improvements:
- Revamped adult waiting area featuring distinct zones for paediatric presentations and infectious cases.
- Introduction of a brand-new triage and reception (registration) area, equipped with a Virtual Assessment Hub.
- Additional consultation rooms to accommodate increased demand.
- Expansion of treatment rooms for enhanced patient care.
- Implementation of gender-neutral and disability-accessible toilets.
- Addition of clinical write-up areas
- Enlargement of the medication room for improved storage and accessibility.
- Integration of First Nations design input and artwork, promoting cultural inclusivity.
South West Healthcare Manager of Capital Projects, Simon Fogarty describes these upgrades as “An excellent opportunity to familiarise the community with modern care models in the South West region. This initiative precedes the upcoming Clinical Tower project by South West Healthcare in the coming years.”
A preview of what the Emergency Department Expansion Project has in store for the later months of 2024 via link below.
Stay informed about the project’s progress, construction details, and any impacts on access by regularly checking the South West Healthcare website and Facebook page.
Page last updated: 9 January 2024