Cardiac Rehabilitation helps people with heart disease to live independent and active lives. The program encourages lifestyle changes that may further reduce your risk of heart problems.
Cardiac rehabilitation is important if you are recovering from heart attack, heart surgery, cardiac stent or angina.
The cardiac rehabilitation program is a 7-week group to help you with your recovery. The Cardiac Rehabilitation team includes a cardiac nurse, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, dietitian, counsellor, pharmacist and cardiology physician.
The cardiac rehabilitation program will give you:
- Up-to-date information on heart disease and how to manage it
- Helpful advice on making lifestyle changes
- Exercise programs to suit your age and fitness level.
- Support and encouragement to you and your family in a relaxed, friendly environment.
After completing the 7-week program, you can continue to attend a weekly maintenance program focussing on exercise.
Who can use the service?
If you have any of the following, then a cardiac rehabilitation program may benefit you:
- Heart attack
- Following coronary artery bypass surgery or insertion of cardiac stent
- Following heart valve replacement surgery or procedure
Where is the service available?
Warrnambool Community Health, Koroit St, Warrnambool
How do I access Cardiac Rehabilitation?
To arrange an appointment, please contact Access and Information by:
- Calling 5563 4000
- Faxing 5563 1669
- Emailing email@example.com
- Visiting us at Warrnambool Community Health Koroit Street
- Sending referrals to: Access and Information, Warrnambool Community Health, Koroit St, Warrnambool
Page last updated: 30 December 2020