Together, the McGrath Breast Care Nurse and Certified Bra and Prosthesis Fitter provide emotional and practical support for women, men and their families directly or indirectly affected by a breast cancer diagnosis across the Warrnambool region.
How to access this service
You can self refer or have a relative/ friend call for an appointment. Certified Bra and Prosthesis Fitter can also be contacted by GP, surgeon, day chemotherapy staff, nursing, medical and allied health staff, oncologist or haematologist. There is no cost associated with this service.
The certified Bra and Prosthesis Fitter can provide:
- Pre and post-operative bra fitting.
- Fitting of external breast prosthesis and/or soft forms.
- Fitting of post mastectomy swimwear.
- Information provision regarding suppliers of post mastectomy supportive garments.
- Assistance with documentation related to the Medicare External Prosthesis Reimbursement Program which entitles women to up to a $400 rebate per prosthesis every 2 years.
Fiona Richards is our bra and prosthesis fitter, based at South West Healthcare Supply shop (Warrnambool).
Page last updated: 18 February 2021