Information, assistance and coordination of care for families of children with asthma or other chronic illness.
Paediatric Care Coordination supports families of children with chronic conditions. This may include:
- respiratory disease
- any chronic health condition
Care coordination is provided by an experienced Paediatric Nurse and Asthma Education.
This service is provided free of charge.
Frequently asked questions
How will your Care Coordinator help you?
Your Care Coorinator will work with you to design a program which best suits the needs of your family.
This may include:
- Teaching your child and family about your child’s medical condition including sign, symptoms, medications, management.
- Follow up phone support.
- Coordination of Community Health and Allied Health appointments.
- Age appropriate education tools.
- Schools, kindergarten, and childcare management strategies.
What services do the Care Coordination Team provide?
Care Coordination services are provided by qualified health professionals and deliver a variety of services depending on your needs.
These may include:
- Occupational therapy
- Exercise options
- Education at kindergarten and schools
Where is care delivered?
Appointments can be made at home or a location which best suits the needs of your family
Family members are encouraged to attend.
Community Health Centre appointments are also available.
Page last updated: 18 February 2021