The Infection Prevention Service at South West Healthcare is committed to keeping our patients, staff and visitors safe from infection.
Our service provides proactive surveillance monitoring, compliance consultation and prevention education to all South West Healthcare campuses.
We aim to:
- Provide a safe environment for our patients, staff and visitors
- Prevent patients from acquiring preventable healthcare associated infections and effectively manage infections when they occur
- Educate staff, patients and visitors on their responsibilities relating to infection prevention
- Promote and encourage hand hygiene in all our facilities
- Reduce the risk of patients developing and transmitting multi-drug resistant microorganisms
- Ensure rapid identification and coordination management of outbreaks within our facilities
- Reduce the risk of patients developing and transmitting antibiotic resistant micro-organisms
- Carry out surveillance activities with the philosophy ‘if you don’t measure it, you can’t manage it’
- Research and promote evidence-based guidelines and practices
- Develop infection prevention policies and procedures to reduce the risk of infection
Page last updated: 18 February 2022