The Diabetes Services team provides education and support for people with diabetes and their families. Our diabetes services team includes diabetes educators, dietitians, a self-management coordinator and allied health assistant.
We see adults and children with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. Our team is able to provide you with an introduction to diabetes self-management, help and support to manage your diabetes including education, blood glucose checking, monitoring your diet and medications.
We offer group and individual sessions depending on your needs.
“Leap Forward for Life” is 12 month program for people who have recently been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes or impaired glucose tolerance. The program aims to ensure you are able to self-manage your diabetes through understanding your diabetes, diet, exercise and the emotions that come with having a chronic condition.
Where is the service available?
- Warrnambool Community Health
- Macarthur Community Health
- Lismore Community Health
- Manifold Place Community Health, Camperdown
We also visit Port Fairy.
How do I access the Diabetes Education Service?
To make an appointment, please contact Access and Information by:
- Calling (03) 5563 4000
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faxing (03) 5563 1669
- Visiting us at Warrnambool Community Health Koroit Street
- Sending referrals to: Access and Information, Warrnambool Community Health, Koroit St, Warrnambool
Page last updated: 17 January 2021