Monday, 26 Jul 2021
Best mates are now catching up as we ease some of our COVID-related visitor restrictions. Dudley couldn’t wait to visit Jim Martin for some much-needed cuddles.
Our patients, consumers and aged care residents can now receive TWO visitors/day (to be determined by them and their loved ones) who meet the *permitted purposes* criteria (see below).
- Allocated visitor hours are 11am–2pm and 4pm–7pm.
- A pregnant woman or patient in our maternity units can have a partner or support person visit or attend hospital with them (one birthing partner plus one nominated visitor per day).
- A patient attending our Warrnambool emergency department, our Camperdown urgent care centre or an outpatient clinic can have one nominated person accompany them if it’s necessary.
- All permitted visitors will be COVID-screened and complete a QR code on entry to our facilities. Masks are to be worn at all times. Visitors with COVID-19 symptoms or visitors who have been in a COVID active area will not be permitted.
THE *PERMITTED PURPOSES* CRITERIA
Please liaise with the Nurse Unit Manager of the unit your loved one is being cared for in, if you have any queries.
- If you’re the parent/guardian/carer of a child under the age of 18 who is a patient
- If you’re providing support or care for a patient’s immediate physical or emotional wellbeing, including support for people living with mental health conditions or dementia
- If you’re a nominated person under the Mental Health Act
- If you’re providing interpreter or informal language support to enable the delivery of care by the care team
- If you’re learning to support the patient’s care upon discharge
- If your loved one’s a patient whose medical condition is life threatening
- If you’re the partner/support person of a patient in a maternity ward, whose status as a patient relates to pregnancy or childbirth
- Non-essential contractors are restricted from entry
Under the current direction of the Victorian Chief Health Officer, visitor restrictions are in place here at SWH to protect our patients, residents, consumers, staff and the community. For more visitor information please click here https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/visiting-hospitals…
Page last updated: 27 July 2021