Volunteers are Vital!
South West Healthcare greatly values the services of volunteers as part of our staffing structure.
Working in a wide range of areas, including wards, allied health departments, the Hospital Library, Facilities & Supply Department, Emergency Department and Palliative Care Program, volunteers bring a wealth of knowledge, skills and abilities that are greatly appreciated by staff and patients.
• Receive training to undertake their duties.
• Are placed according to individual abilities, and the requirements oif wards and departments.
• Are valued members of the team, having rights and responsibilities.
• Are not required to work more than once or twice a week.
Interested in becoming a South West Healthcare volunteer? You will need to:
• Be reliable
• Be willing to work as part of a team and undertake training as required
• Enjoy contact with a wide range of people in varying levels of health
• Be punctual, neatly-dressed and well-groomed
• Be committed to the organization
• Have competent literacy and numeracy skills
• Adhere to organization policies
• Have a sense of humour!
For more information about volunteer services at South West Healthcare, contact the Co-Ordinator of Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 5563 1459.